- For the wellness traveler. Everyone gets stiff when they travel, especially sitting still on those long-haul international flights. Though many lodgings have fitness areas with weights, treadmills and stationary bikes, few have mats for practising yoga and/or stretching. This travel yoga mat by Manduka is the lightest mat we’ve found (2.2 lbs) and folds easily to fit into any case you may be carrying. Full-sized (68” X 24”), the EKO Superlite is ecologically friendly as well (made from non-Amazon-rainforest-harvested natural tree rubber).
- For the newly-minted international traveler. Someone you know just received their passport and is now busily planning their first international trip. Give them the blessing of organization with an RFID-blocking passport holders by Fintie. These holders not only keep your passport biometric data from being stolen (yes, ID theft is a thing to watch out for), they also help you organize any papers you have with you, from the rare paper boarding pass to credit/debit cards, and cash. Available both from amazon and directly from the manufacturer. Another great item is a multinational plug adapter.
- For the economy traveler. Comrad’s compression socks are more stylish than traditional compression socks, while simultaneously helping lower the probability of deep vein thrombosis on long-haul flights with certified graduated compression. This compression helps reduce fatigue, stiffness, and soreness, and the technical fabric with antimicrobial silver added helps reduce odor as well. Comrad offers single pairs as well as gift packages that include nifty items like earbuds, eye mask, splitter, and compression cube for packing, really helpful for the economy traveler with the airlines’ move toward skimpier amenities kits.
- For the light packing traveler. We all know someone who carries 3 days’ worth of clothing for a two week trip, then has laundry dripping around the lodging nearly every day. Help them get laundry done and dusted by giving them the Scrubba with a travel bottle of Forever New detergent, as well as a Tide stain pen. The Scrubba thoroughly cleans several garments easily, is super-lightweight, and packs down to almost nothing. Forever New detergent comes in both granular and liquid form, is natural, bio-degradable, dye-free, and hypo-allergenic. It rinses easily from clothing, so combined with the Scrubba, your friend’s clothing will be clean, fresh, and good in a trice!
- For the traveler with new luggage. Get them fabulously colourful luggage tags. We especially like these from Chelmon, with a steel attachment, as well as these from Fintie with a PU leather strap attachment. These colorful tags hide your information with a flap, and are easily recognizable on the baggage carousel.
- For traveler with sensitive skin. The climate inside airplanes is wicked dry, which leads to dried out, tight skin all over, but especially the face. Surprise your friend (or yourself) with an array of travel-size skin care items, such as Caudalie’s travel kit, or their spray, designed to re-moisturize dry skin. L’Occitane offers wonderfully hydrating skin creams including a lavender one, in both 1 oz and 2.4 oz sizes, as well as a collection. Lush also offers some hydrating creams, for face and skin, and they source ethically and contribute to charities, so you can feel good about that as well!
- For the traveler with the luxe side. Sometimes, we all crave a luxe vibe. You can splurge on this cashmere travel set or any variation of the items in the set, like the wrap (available in two sizes), or a luxury travel amenity kit with eye mask, socks, face spray, and a leather bag.
Start planning your trip
Leave A Reply